26 February 2013

Did I say that. . . ?

I think I said that I was going to write more during Lent. My intention was to journal, write poems and stories, and to blog more. It seems I did not understand this thing I was thinking. I have been writing a little more. I am not going to share my journal, but I will promote my blogging over at my parish website. Check out what I had to say about the Oscars and Holy Week .

Then again, not keeping up with a proposed Lenten discipline is fine. It give me pause to think about what I believe about God's forgiveness. It makes me ask why I would choose writing more as a spiritual discipline.

So. . .

As to forgiveness, I just can't imagine God really cares if we keep our Lenten disciplines. However I did choose a discipline so that it would strengthen my faith. I wanted to commit to writing because I feel that I have something to say and that God has something to do with that. All the reasons I find not to write tend to be real time wasters. I also know that when I do write I feel a sense of the Divine as the creativity gets going. I also feel more whole, which is a feeling that I associate with drawing closer to God. So the real exercise here is to forgive myself for slacking off, and start writing. (Thus I presently ramble.)

That stirred me up a bit. There are some topics floating around now. How about the question of what God does care about? What about a ramble on rambling?

Hey, I did some more writing. This Lenten thing is spurring me on.

No comments: